Interesting notes about this case:
- Worlds Inc. can still appeal. However, their attorneys are on contingency fee, so it might not be worth it for them at this point.
- Worlds Inc. is free to refile the case, if it can allege infringement by Activision post-Sept. 24, 2013
- Worlds Inc. earliest priority date is Nov. 13, 1995. That means that its patents will likely expire around Nov. 13, 2015 (there may be some time added based on delays by the USPTO during prosecution of the patents... still need to check on that).
- For any new case filed, the period of time for possible damages is only Sep. 24, 2013 - Nov. 13, 2015. Not much time to rack up a huge damages award.
- Any new case filed likely wouldn't be resolved until after the patents expires, thereby taking the threat of an injunction off the table.