- Tight Platforming Controls
- Unique enemy behavior and bosses
- Permanent death
- Fine-tuned random level generation
- Dozens of unique and fun items
- 3+ regions with their own environments and terrain generation
- Painted 2D art, with sweeping parallaxed backgrounds
- Interesting world with a cryptic history
- Originally composed soundtrack
- Self-trimmed beard appearance (bows, braids, colors, etc.)
- Dynamic quests featuring NPCs and their landmarks
- Secrets, so many secrets...
I sometimes meet with indie/startup game developers and provide guidance and advice based on my own experiences in the industry and having worked with lots of young companies. I recently met two of the developers of Beard: Life Grows On, and wanted to share their story.
Beard is a 2D RogueLike experience with a focus on exploration and discovery. You are one of a few brave enough to attempt the ascent. Climb through grassy forests, treacherous mountains, frigid icelands, and even glorious skies on your journey to reach the Top and become the King. The game features
I played the the development version, and its a fun concept. They have a lot of work ahead, so I wanted to throw a shout out there way. They are currently raising funds on Kickstarter, and could use your support (yes, I am a backer of theirs on Kickstarter, too).
Here's a teaser for pique your interest: